The Library Board has made the following new policy (effective Nov. 10, 2020) —Anyone entering the Washington Public Library are required to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, the Library will provide one for you to wear.
- Masks are required when in the Library as per Library Board Policy.
• Please use the provided hand sanitizer – IT IS REQUIRED for the safety of staff, you and others using the Library!
• DO NOT come to the Library if you are sick!
• Maintain 6 feet social distancing from others.
• Return Library Items in Outside Book Return.
• Only 10 people at a time are allowed in the Library.
• Time in the library is limited to 30 min.
• Computers are for Essential Use only – No Gaming!
CURBSIDE SERVICE will continue for those who feel more comfortable not entering the Library.
NOTICE: ALL Library Materials returned will be quarantined for 7 days (as recommended by REALM testing) and sanitized before being available to check-out. Please DO NOT self clean library materials!
No fines will be charged on library materials at this time.
Public Restrooms are available.
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE –
NO Inside returns of library materials.
NO Donations will be accepted.
NO Magazines or newspapers will be available.
NO Water Fountain.
All toys including the train table are not available.
“COVID-19 for Kids: Understand the Coronavirus Disease and How to Stay Healthy” by Catherine Cheung.
“Lucy’s Mask” by Lisa Thompson.
“Why Did The Whole World Stop? Talking with kids about COVID-19” by Heather Black.
“A Little Spot Wears A Mask” by Diane Alber.
Check out free ebooks and audiobooks from home with your library card! All current patrons of the Washington Public Library have a membership to Sunflower eLibrary.
Go to: http://sunflowerelibrary.overdrive.com
Click on the “Sign In” button located on the upper right part of the screen.
Use the pull down arrow to “Select your library from the list below”.
Scroll down & Choose “Washington Library”. Enter your library card # in the box indicated. Enter in your 5-digit zip code in the box indicated. Click on the “Sign In” button.
If you do not know your library card #, call the Library during regular hours to find out what it is. We may ask you a piece of identifying information before giving you the library card #.