The Washington Public Library currently has an open position.
Please fill out the Application if you are interested.
Reports to: Library Director
# of hours per week: 4 1/2 hrs
Wage per hour: $8.00
Statement of duties – Under the supervision of the Library Director
- Responsible for cleaning the library weekly, which includes
- Maintains & organizes cleaning supplies and submitting requests for purchases of said supplies in a timely fashion to the Library Director.
- Inform Library Director of any specific maintenance issues in need of attention.
- Most duties are completed during the library’s closed hours.
- Reliable & able to work independently during the evening or on a weekend.
- Knowledge of general sanitary & cleaning practices.
- Able to stand, walk, reach, bend, kneel or squat, as needed.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to use a ladder or step stool safely.
- Be able to communicate effectively, orally & in writing.
Tuesday – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday – 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
116 E. 2nd
Washington, KS 66968-1916
Phone: (785) 325-2114
Fax: (785) 510-6024